St Mary’s is the local Church of England Parish Church serving the communities of Hollywood and Wythall in North Worcestershire. Our new building opened at Easter 2014 on the Coppice School site and all are welcome to visit or join us. A growing church, we are a vibrant and outward-focused congregation with lots to offer.
Sometimes our church is described as “low church” or “evangelical” which means our services tend to be more informal than formal, and that we believe God’s Word to us in the Bible is living and active today. Above all we want to be known in our community as a church which loves and serves those around us and takes every opportunity to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with those we meet.
St Mary’s is a member church of the Anglican Diocese of Birmingham and more locally the Shirley Deanery. The Diocese encourage us to set mission goals each year – those things we aim to develop or do differently. In 2017/18 we are focusing on:
- Helping local families to encounter Jesus
- Becoming a catalyst in Wythall and Hollywood for social action
- Cherishing and growing every volunteer, through fulfilling our Volunteer Charter
Within this vision we prayerfully commit to the following projects:
- Living sustainably and championing the care of creation, through becoming an Eco Church (Bronze Award)
- Supporting people living with dementia by becoming a Dementia Friendly Church
- Growing relationships with new parents through delivering a Starting Rite course
All are welcome to join us on our journey of faith, whether you’ve recently moved into the area or you’re exploring the Christian faith more deeply. Get in touch or come to one of our Sunday services to find out more.